Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Lever


Jasper posing for some pictures to be used as part of on his science project. I was originally shocked to find out that kindergartners were encouraged to submit a science. In the end I think it worked out well. Jamie and I came up with the idea, but I think Jasper had a descent amount of involvement. He conducted the experiment and entered the result on to a chart I created. Then he cut out the sections to be glued to the board. The point of the experiment was to see how a lever can help in lifting.

We started with the support in the middle, were it took 10 pennies on each side to balance. We move the support over 1 inch and recorded how may pennies it took to lift the cup with 10 pennies. With the support in the final position, as in the photo’s above, the cup on the left has one penny, while the cup on the right has 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment