Monday, May 26, 2008

Fun Run 2008

It's the annual Falls Church Fun Run!

I'm sporting a vintage Fun Run shirt from 1985 the first year the Stevens family participated in the race. This shirt was one of a collection of Fun Run shirts given to me last year from parents while they were cleaning out for their move. Many of my new shirts are for races wasn't even in, since I stop going to the races after I reached high school. Like most teenagers I found sleeping in to much funner than the Fun Run.
In 2003 we rediscovered the race, when Jasper was only a few days old, at the time we were making daily trips to the doctor office in Fall Church due to his jaundice. After seeing all the cars and remembering the race, I made a note that next year we should do the race again with our healthily one year old, and we’ve done it every year since. Though we’re sad Nat-Nat is away and can’t do the race with us, we’re excited that Chris is back to do the race.


Mom and Chris participation in the traditional toddler carry. No mater which wheels we bring, we always seem to have a toddler that insistences on bing carried.


After the race we walked over to see the annual selection of moon bounces, slides and other blow up things.


Jasper chose to do the obstacle course, which Ellis was really too little for, but that didn't keep him from trying.

2 comments: